Re: [squid-users] HTTPD reverse proxy

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:32:26 +0200

On 12.10 11:27, M Harrata wrote:
> The problem is that i have one public ip adress and several https servers.

do you need the connection between proxy and http servers encrypted? why?

> That's why I want to use squid in reverse proxy mode. I had try with Apache
> with the mod_proxy, mod_rewrite, and others mod_proxy_html modules, but I
> wasn't satisfied.

I'm not sure (I doubt) if apache's mod_proxy supports ssl client connections.

> So do I have to understand that it's not possible to use squid in reverse
> proxy mode with multiple https internal server ?

as I already said, you need ssl patch for squid-2.5 or use squid-3.0
the main question still remains, WHY? isn't http just enough? It should be,
because you already descripted that, unless you don't trust the network
between squid and https servers

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod