Re: [squid-users] can't get to certain sites through proxy

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:56:32 +0200

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 17:00, Mark Drago wrote:
> Is there a page or an FAQ somewhere that may help me troubleshoot a
> problem where a site works fine when not going through squid but has
> errors when accessed through squid? I'm having trouble logging in to a
> site when the connection is going through the proxy and I'm not really
> sure where to start.

Perhaps you can tell what kind of "trouble" you have. Maybe even the URL if
it's publicly available.

Otherwise you can try tcpdump/tethereal/ethereal to dump the network
traffic and analyse the difference between going through a proxy or
bypassing it.

> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

Since you appear to be using interception caching... have you tried with
normal forward proxying (pointing your browser to the proxy)?

> redirect_program /usr/local/bin/jesred

Does it work without this?

 Christoph

--