Re: [squid-users] Spam mail through Squid server

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:05:56 -0400

> SMTP is allowed through your squid program itself, not the squid server.
This is not correct. Although it might be possible to pass email through
squid, squid does not natively
allow smtp proxying. Squid proxies and caches http traffic and nothing
more. Unfortunately, due to variations of how connect() is used,
I suppose this is possible.

> Disable squid from allowing itself to connect to foreign hosts on port
25,
> or else you will continually be tracking people down rather than just
> preventing the problem from happening in the first place.

I'm curious to know your recommendation on this one. It's not like
there's an acl or config notation that
states: allow_smtp <yes|no>

How would you suggest doing this?

Tim Rainier