Re: [squid-users] can't get to certain sites through proxy

From: Mark Drago <mdrago@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:55:15 -0400

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 20:27 +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 October 2005 20:11, Mark Drago wrote:
> > The site is http://webmail.ne.rr.com - it's the webmail for the
> > RoadRunner ISP that one of our customers is using. Our customer gave us
> > a username and password to help diagnose the problem, but obviously and
> > unfortunately I can't pass it on. I can get to the login screen without
> > a problem, but when I try logging in I get an alert box that reads:
> > 'Session timed out. Log in again' and it then redirects me back to the
> > login screen.
>
> Sound suspiciously like cookie-based session handling in connection with
> additional security measures like checking your source IP address. Do you
> run more than one proxy or distribute requests to different parent proxies
> in a round-robin fashion? If the peer checks your IP address you will
> change your source IP address time and again and some authentication
> systems don't like that.

Yeah I hear what you're saying. However, we're not doing anything like
that. This proxy is installed at the head of a school's network and all
of their traffic goes through the proxy. There is only one proxy - it's
really rather simple. I'm not even quite sure how RoadRunner would be
able to tell that the connection is going through a proxy. Since the
error is a javascript alert I would really like to look at the
javascript that they're sending back. Is there any kind of an extension
to firefox that will aid me in doing that? Say by saving everything it
downloads to a directory?

Mark.