Re: [squid-users] CPU saturation?

From: H <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:47:51 -0200

On Monday 21 November 2005 07:43, James Vanns wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 20:27 -0200, H wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 November 2005 22:07, Chris Robertson wrote:
> > > On another note, with null caching, and multiple CPUs running more than
> > > one instance of squid becomes a fair bit easier. See
> > > http://squidwiki.kinkie.it/squidwiki/MultipleInstances for more
> > > details.
> >
> > indeed a kinkie page like the name and absolutly helpfull ...
> >
> > btw you read it ?
>
> Yes but wasn't helpful to us unfortunately as we already have a system
> designed in much the same way.

I think this page does not show anything so my msg was ironic ...

even if you use it and get it done as they say it makes not so much sense
because you have different cache_dirs as if it were different servers

but for me it makes sense to run multiple instances when you relate them to
each other

otherwise I get all objects double or trice in my cache dirs

--
H.