[squid-users] Config Issues

From: Simon Nunn <s.nunn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:00:35 -0000

Hello,

I'm in need of assistance and hope you can help. I have been using Squid
2.5.STABLE12, well, when I say "using" I mean "...swearing at...".

Generally the config is fine but I'd like to nail it down a bit more by
using ncsa_auth.

I have tried to use the config from a 2.4 STABLE6 box I use elsewhere. But
have had little success.

I've been permuting the conf to fine exactly what it's issue is and have it
down to:
        "acl users proxy_auth REQUIRED"

which precedes:
        "authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth
/etc/squid/proxy_users"

The error produced is:
        "The connection was refused when attempting to contact the proxy
server you have configured. Please check your proxy settings and try again."

It's on an IPCop install. I've had to learn to use linux just to get this
far so I could be missing something really obvious.

Thanks for your time.

Si

Sydney Mitchell Solicitors does not accept service by email or fax.

This email transmission may contain confidential or legally-privileged
information that is intended for the individual or entity named in the email
address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of
this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please reply to the
sender, so that we can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete
the message from your Inbox. Thank you.

http://www.star.net.uk