Re: [squid-users] How to connect http via proxy 1 and https via proxy 2 ???

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:06:57 +0100

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 16:34, Tobias Schulz-Hess wrote:
> However, there are actually 2 proxies. One is better for https, but
> has some restrictions. The other one has no restrictions, but does no
> https. So I would like to use one proxy for all http requests, the
> other for all https requests. How can I configure that with squid?

See if cache_peer_access helps you to send HTTP requests through
one upstream proxy and CONNECT (=https) requests through another one.

> Another issue (related, but not really important): Can I do requests
> via different proxies randomly and thereby doing some kind of
> obfuscation? Can squid use a proxy via a ssh connection (and squid
> watches the ssh connection automatically)?

You can use round-robin cycling (see cache_peer). I personally don't
believe in such obfuscation. And actually it breaks some applications
which rely on that a certain session ID (often stored in a cookie)
is only sending requests from a fixed IP address.

 Christoph

--
~
~