Re: [squid-users] NAT on suse linux 10.0

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:31:43 +0100

Hi Amit,

> I have just installed and configured Squid proxy service on Suse
> Linux 10.0. It is working fine but I also need to configure NAT
> so
> that my users can download their emails in Outlook. To achieve
> that I have added these lines in the "/etc/sysctl.conf"
>
> net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
> iptables -I FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

The last two lines will not work. /etc/sysctl.conf does not understand this
syntax (only the first of the lines you listed). Put the iptables rules in a
separate script in /etc/init.d/ and create the symbolic links in the
corresponding runlevel directories using insserv. A template for the script
is /etc/init.d/skeleton.

> But still the NAT doesnt work on this server. Please direct me
> and thanks in advance.

Check the settings for the NAT table using

iptables -L -t nat

Just "iptables -L" will not show your NAT settings.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services, peter.albrecht@novell.com