Re: [squid-users] IOS 12.4 & Squid 2.5.S12 - WCCP Weirdness Ensues

From: Daniel EPEE LEA <depeecmr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 02:06:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I have a similar issue with WCCP + RHEL ES v4 and
Cisco 1700 Series IOS 12.4(1a), my Router seems to be
allright though, but it looks like the problem is
with the ip_wccp module that I downloaded from
squid-cache.org website, that does not support ip-gre.
Therefore I cannot load the ip_gre module in the
kernel and create the gre tunnel.
Please any hint where to find a patch ip_gre module
that support WCCP ?

I wondered if it was a problem specific to the kernel
2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP that I run (RHEL ES v4 Update2).
 Should I go back to Kernel 2.4 ???

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Daniel