[squid-users] rebuilding question

From: Gregori Parker <gregori@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:02:25 -0800

I'm preparing to rebuild squid on a few servers within a production
cluster to apply the epoll patch and fix a FD issue. Once everything is
rebuilt (same configuration options), do I have to run "squid -z"
initially? Or, can squid reuse the existing cache directories after
being rebuilt?

I guess my question is, if the config files don't change and the cache
is still the same, will squid be the wiser?

Thanks :)