Re: [squid-users] FW: Hotmail login issue

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:57:40 +0100

> I have read a number of posts on how to resolve the hotmail login issues
> with an interception web cache but nothing has worked. I have tried the
> following 3 configurations in squid.conf, but after you enter your
> username and password then select sign-in, it goes to a blank page.
>
> header_access Accept-Encoding deny all

 What worked for us is :

acl hotmail_domains dstdomain .hotmail.msn.com
header_access Accept-Encoding deny hotmail_domains

Please try, this; literally in squid.conf.
Don't forget :

        % squid -k reconfigure

afterwards. And or first check squid.conf with :

        % squid -k parse (too). (before reconfigure)

> acl hotmail_domains dstdomain .hotmail.msn.com .hotmail.com
> acl ie6 browser MSIE[[:space:]]6
> header_access Accept-Encoding deny ie6 hotmail_domains
>

> acl hotmail dstdomain .hotmail.com
> always_direct allow hotmail

 This is probably meaningless; it is only valid when parent and
or peers are being used.