Re: [squid-users] squid-users@squid-cache.org

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:35:32 +0100

ons 2006-03-15 klockan 13:41 -0500 skrev Jay Desjardins:

> I got this patch,
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200510/0161.htm and I
> have tried to install it on my Red Hat EL4 server, to no avail.

> I found myself having to manually install the patch, with it still producing
> many errors (H and C files not matching up/incorrect syntax). It also is
> using X-forward which I don't want to use.

How far have you got in applying the patch?

Have you got the kernel TPROXY support working? Only having Squid
patched with TPROXY support isn't of much use unless you have the
netfilter TPROXY patch in the kernel which the Squid TPROXY support
relies upon...

Changing the Squid TPROXY patch to use the actual client IP is simple,
mainly a matter of dropping the HRD_X_FORWARDED_FOR section and using
request->client_addr instead of the request->xfwd_ip when setting the
outgoing IP..

> I would really like to get this running correctly, within the limits
> I have (with only being able to run a few versions of squid).

Note that by running a Smart Filter modified Squid you effectively
terminate any support from the Squid developers should you run into any
problems... we simply cannot support tracking problems in Squids having
such heavy proprietary modifications where we can not see the changes.