[squid-users] Reverse proxy multiple sites with re-writing

From: Robin Bowes <robin-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:29:02 +0000

Hi,

It's been a long time since I used squid - late '90s to proxy an entire
organisation's internet access over a 33.6k modem! But I digress...

I'm working on a targetted google/yahoo ad system.

For the sake of illustration, assume that Pizza Hot is a Pizza company
with a website at pizzahot.com and that my company's website is
adcounter.net.

An ad. campaign would aim to get links for Pizza Hot at the top of
search engine results.

Instead of a link to pizzahot.com, the link would be a link to
pizzahot.adcounter.net.

The idea is that pizzahot.adcounter.net would be served by a squid
instance which would serve up content from pizzahot.com, re-writing
certain key parts (telephone numbers, some URLs, etc.).

I have a couple of questions:

1. Can squid do content rewriting?
2. Would it be possible to proxy multiple such sites on one squid host?

R.