Re: [squid-users] Is Squid Resilient?

From: Neil Mc Lysaght <neil.mclysaght@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:21:54 +0000

Hi Henrik,

Wouldn't reducing the connect_timeout and forward_timeout values only
result in a faster 'connection timed out response'?

Is the cache_peer option for specifying parent/sibling caches only, or
can I specify a web server as a peer? How would squids built-in peer
monitoring gracefully handle the situation the web server host is
down. i.e the web server is configured as the httpd_accel host

thanks

Neil