Re: [squid-users] WHOIS queries over squid

From: Duncan McQueen <dwmcqueen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:51:08 -0500

Yes, but when a do a request like that to squid, I get an error
stating "invalid request". I am curious about the header information
to be feed to the proxy. With an HTTP request I specify something
like this (to get the authentication down):

GET (request_url) HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: (proxy_name)\r\n
Proxy-Authorization: Basic (proxy_user:proxy_pass)\r\n\r\n

Would a whois query be just:

request_url HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: (proxy_name)\r\n
Proxy-Authorization: Basic (proxy_user:proxy_pass)\r\n\r\n?

This, of course gives an error since there is no request type.