Re: [squid-users] are there large customers that run Squid on solaris/sparc platform

From: Shawn Wright <swright@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:00:35 -0700

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but these are our stats during a
typical day:

~500 active clients, all connected via 100Mb/s campus LAN.
~30 req/sec avg, 75 req/sec max during peaks
~steady CPU utilization of 15-20%
~27Gb cache on 3 9Gb 10k rpm scsi drives
~dual P3/733 running Linux 2.6, 768Mb RAM
~most users restricted with delay pools
~approx 300,000 dstdomain ACL entries
~NTauth required for all clients

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager