RE: [squid-users] Squid use SSL ALWAYS?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:50:29 +0200

ons 2006-06-28 klockan 19:21 -0700 skrev Aaron Gray:
> I have used SSH port forwarding in the past and it was pretty slick. I
> remember when it was only supported by the retail SSH not OpenSSH. It may
> be supported now.

Port forwarding has been supported by OpenSSH for as long as I can
remember..

> How can that be used though to connect my outside network to my proxy and
> keep it encrypted? The OS being used by the client is WinXP with either IE
> or FireFox connecting to Linux w/ squid 2.2 stable.

Use a SSH client of choice (OpenSSH, putty or any other supporting port
forwarding) and SSH to your proxy server with some local port forwarded
to the proxy port on your proxy.

Configure your browser to use localhost on the forwarded port as proxy.