Re: [squid-users] squid with NTLM authentification

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:14:05 +0200

tor 2006-08-17 klockan 11:09 +0200 skrev Benner, Uwe:

> Can I use the squidclient.exe to simulate concurrent web sessions or
> does anybody know a testing tool (kind of automated web browser)?

polygraph, httpperf and ab is all examples of load testing tools of
different varieties, all capable of many concurrent sessions.

polygraph is meant to make a quite realistic simulation of real clients
and servers.

httpperf is probably the most well known, but it's testing model is not
any where near real life traffic. And only simulates the client side.

ab is part of Apache, and a very simple load tester. No simulation of
anything resembling real life traffic at all. Also only a client. It's
original purpose was a simple load tester for the Apache web server.

> Where can I find some documentation/manual about the available
> parameters of squidclient - additional to the command line help?

It's not very much to document which isn't said in the command line
help. Its a very simple http client.