Re: [squid-users] squid with NTLM authentification

From: Chris Lightfoot <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:30:40 +0100

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 09:14:05PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tor 2006-08-17 klockan 11:09 +0200 skrev Benner, Uwe:
>
> > Can I use the squidclient.exe to simulate concurrent web sessions or
> > does anybody know a testing tool (kind of automated web browser)?
>
> polygraph, httpperf and ab is all examples of load testing tools of
> different varieties, all capable of many concurrent sessions.
>
> polygraph is meant to make a quite realistic simulation of real clients
> and servers.
>
> httpperf is probably the most well known, but it's testing model is not
> any where near real life traffic. And only simulates the client side.
>
> ab is part of Apache, and a very simple load tester. No simulation of
> anything resembling real life traffic at all. Also only a client. It's
> original purpose was a simple load tester for the Apache web server.

something else which can work well is to write scripts
using something like WWW::Mechanize -- then you can
simulate arbitrary `user journeys' (goak here) through
your site. Unfortunately WWW::Mechanize doesn't support
multiplexed operation, so you have to fork a bunch of
processes to do this, but that's tolerable.

--
``When people are denouncing him for crimes against humanity it often gets
  overlooked that he gave me a coffee machine.''