Re: [squid-users] POST cacheability

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:48:36 +0200

lör 2006-10-14 klockan 10:03 -0700 skrev Mark Nottingham:

> Note that when POST is cached, it's future GETs that will get the
> cached response, not POSTs (which will be forwarded to the origin).

Are you sure this is what the RFC means? Doesn't make much sense given
the function of POST. I don't see how a GET can be considered equivalent
to a POST.

I thougt the statement allowing caching of POST responses under specific
conditions is mainly to allow caching of permanent error responses such
as 404 or 410 allowing the server to say "please don't POST to this URI
again..".