Re: [squid-users] POST cacheability

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:24:26 +0200

mån 2006-10-16 klockan 22:17 -0700 skrev Mark Nottingham:
> That's been my understanding of it for many years, and I've heard
> others say likewise.

Been reading the RFC up and down, and can't in my way of reading it find
any support for this, only the opposite.

Please clue me in on the reasoning here, from the point of the RFC.

> If a server wanted to say "Please don't POST to this URI", they could
> just respond with a 405 Method Not Allowed. 4xx responses have a
> "don't do that again" semantic anyway...

For a single request yes. But the semantics for a shared cache is not as
well defined.. so we use the general bailout of "responses may be cached
unless indicated otherwise" in Squid..