Re: [squid-users] squid not caching anything to disk

From: pujo mulyono <pudjo26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:45:03 -0800 (PST)

see this line in your squid.conf :
cache_peer 203.12.22.34 parent 8080 0 proxy-only no-query default

means all object get from parent proxy would not saved to local disk. in other
side, your squid standart configuration will bypass parent for all non cached
object, so there is no cached file on your squid machine. if you want squid
caching object then you must delete option proxy-only from parent proxy above

--- Jason Maher <maher.jason.b@edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having a problem with squid that I have been unable to solve through
> the FAQ or reading the mailing list.
>
> Squid is not caching any files at all.
>
> It looks as though all objects are being released from memory immediately.
> Everything else (acls, authentication, proxying) is working fine.
> The system is a fairly fresh Gentoo server, with gentoo's version of
> squid 2.6 stable 4 installed (see below for squid -v)
> The system is also running NAT for the network, but since proxying is
> working I don't imagine this is an issue
> The swapfile/cache is on a separate reiserfs formatted harddisk mounted
> on /cache. I tested moving the the cache to /var/cache/squid (on the /
> filesystem) and it made no difference.
> The group and owner for /cache/squid are 'squid' and the permissions are 770
> Running squid -z produces no errors.
>
> I am hoping that this is a simple config error :-)
>
> Details follow.....
>

> /etc/squid/squid.conf (comments grepped out)
>
> http_port 172.16.0.5:3128
> icp_port 0
> cache_peer 203.12.22.34 parent 8080 0 proxy-only no-query default

regards,
Pudjo