Re: saving web page body to file... help needed

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:32:33 -0700

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 19:07 +0530, Siddhesh PaiRaikar wrote:

> we are trying to develop a small enhancement to the existing application of
> squidguard using the squid proxy server... which can later be embedded in to
> squid itself as a html web page body scanner for unwanted content.

Please consider using an ICAP (RFC 3507, i-cap.org) server for content
scanning, blocking, and manipulation instead of building this feature
directly into Squid. To implement your functionality, you can modify one
of the free or for-a-fee ICAP servers available on the web.

Besides having to work with a much simpler and smaller code base, you
will have an advantage of being compatible with other popular proxies
because they all speak ICAP.

Good luck,

Alex.