Re: saving web page body to file... help needed

From: Siddhesh PaiRaikar <siddhesh.pairaikar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:16:24 -0800

thanks for the reply. i understand the complexity involved in working with squid as it is a huge code base. im sorry to probe too much into this as well. and we are currently working on the squid 2.6 stable 4

> > But Squid doesn't. It sends data to the client while it arrives from the
> >server.

ok from this.. i just need to know 1 thing then.... doesnt squid temporarily buffer the body at all before it sends it to the client ? coz if we have to study the source code then we need to know at least whether it temporarily buffers the body content before sending it to the client or if there is any other way. and if it does buffer and if we could know about the data structure.. it will save us a lot of time and help us work on the content filtering part instead of getting involved wiith the intricacies of squid. thanks.

> and focus on implementing your filter
> not having to worry about the details of what goes on within Squid. This
> will be your quickest path.

our aim also was just to focus on the filter at the moment before getting into embedding the code anywhere. hence we donot want to get inside the code of squid and hence the post. it would really be of great help of we knew the where the body is buffered, along with the data structure if possible. if it is not at all buffered then we will have to think of alternate sources an wont go into the code.

thanks.

-Siddhesh Pai Raikar