[squid-users] spyware and porn rejections not working in 2.6

From: Dave <dmehler26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:58:02 -0500

Hello,
    I've updated from squid 2.5 to 2.6 on a FreeBSD box using ports. I'm
using squid as a transparent proxy and this is working fine. My problem is
my spam, spyware and pornography rejections are no longer working and i
copied those files and config lines directly from a previously working 2.5
setup. Here are the relevant lines of my squid.conf file:

acl our_networks src xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24
acl chat dstdomain "/usr/local/etc/squid/chat.txt"
acl porn url_regex "/usr/local/etc/squid/porn"
acl spyware dstdomain "/usr/local/etc/squid/spyware.acl"
http_access allow our_networks
http_access deny chat porn spyware

Since in my previous config i had this line:

http_access allow our_networks !chat !porn !spyware

I added ! to those acls on the httpd_access deny line above and that did not
work either. My files have lines similar to this:

chat.txt
#chat.yahoo.com

spyware
.180solutions.com
.cometsystems.com

porn
stardoll.com
myspace.com

I'm wondering if there's a more flexible way of having squid block this
junk, i've tried squidguard as a redirector but I wasn't happy with the
performance i was getting, it seemed to slow things down very noticeably.
Suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
Dave.