Re: [squid-users] Squid high CPU usage issue

From: Chris Rosset <Chris.Rosset@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:56:46 -0400

>>> Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> 2/26/2007 3:39 PM >>>

> * Well i could probably try it on our dev box, I am not positive we
can upgrade to 2.6 though
> One of our Admins told me he found some issues with it and preffered
to stay on 2.5 for now.

Issues like what? We can't fix things if noone tells us what issues
they're having with Squid-2.6. Squid-2.6 has so many fixes in it
compared to Squid-2.5 people should've moved to it in droves and
told us what broke so some fixes could've been posted! :)

Migrating to Squid-2.6 now is a good idea - there's work in the
pipeline which
might eventuate into another -2 release with some pretty major
improvements
and the jump from 2.5 will be quite big. I'd rather be told what stuff
is
broken in 2.6 so it can be fixed and included in the next release than
to wait
for the next release and find stuff is still broken (and people not
telling
us what it is..)

Adrian,
Sorry for such a late response, I never got a specific answer on the
2.6 issues our admin encounterd & why we did not upgrade to 2.6
but i am willing to give the Solaris /dev/poll version a test run on
our dev box.

I'll have to spend the time to get it working/configured fully though!

Thanks for your help.
-Chris

Adrian