[squid-users] [OT] Squidalyser: Importing squid logs for the first time

From: Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Jiang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:15:08 -0400

Hi, I installed Squidalyser on Solaris 10 (SPARC), mysql 5.0.37, Apache
2.2.x. Everything seems configured correctly.

I then tried to import the squid access log:

# cd /usr/local/squidparse
# ./squidparse.pl

Squidalyser started to import squid logs and I can verify it while it
was importing.

Mysql> select count(*) from logfile;
+-----------+
| count(*) |
+-----------+
| 753245 |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Once the log importing process is done. I got a message:

# ./squidparse.pl

Running ./squidparse.pl at Fri Apr 27 17:47:03 2007

DB Name: squid
DB Host: localhost
DB User: squidalyser
Squidlog: /opt/proxy_logs/access.log

Expired 753245 records from the database.
Took 2498 seconds to process 721172 records.
#

The database becomes empty. No records is in the database after that
when I did database "select" command again. In the squidalyser.conf
file, I specify that:

Expire 52_w

I tried different time log. The newest squid log was from Apr 28 today
but it still expires database records once the log importing is done.
Does anyone know why? Thanks.

Ryan

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.