Re: [squid-users] Don't cache Youtube or flash video

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:03:48 +0200

On 09.05.07 19:36, Gilbert Ng wrote:
> I got a problem on watching youtube or those flash video in our LAN.
> If I disable our squid, it is smooth but when we start it, I need much
> more time to download
> the video.

of course - it's not cached by squid. IF it's cached by squid, it loads
faster.

> I have try to use no_cache but no use at all:
>
> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
> acl NOCACHE dstdomain .youtube.com$
> acl SWF url_regex .swf$
> no_cache deny SWF
> no_cache deny QUERY
> no_cache deny NOCACHE

so you want to disable caching of those files, so the downloads will take
more time even with squid running?

(note that "no_cache" actually means "cache" and was renamed in 2.6.
no_cache deny <something> disables caching of something)

How does cat play with mouse? cat /dev/mouse