Re: [squid-users] authentication and user based filtering

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:50:54 +0200

ons 2007-06-06 klockan 08:11 +1000 skrev
William.Z.Holder@transport.qld.gov.au:

> 4. filter content based on user access - a field in LDAP (no idea how
> to get this to work)

squid_ldap_group can make Squid aware of the LDAP fields.

> I'm stuck on how to get a filter solution that will query LDAP to get
> the groups for the users and then filter on that. Or is this something that
> should be done by Squid.

Depends on how your filter is implemented.

If using Squid ACLs then the group information plugs in as acls using
squid_ldap_group.

If using an urlrewriter/redirector such as SquidGuard then the
urlrewriter/redirector needs to look up the group memberships as part of
it's own acl processing.