[squid-users] SSL and Squid

From: Michael Puckett <Michael.Puckett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:26:27 -0700

I have a 2 level squid setup. Several top level parent cache servers
which connect to the internet with multiple child servers supporting my
internal subnets. Is it possible to configure the top level servers to
use SSL over the internet and cache the objects locally while allowing
the child servers to operate internally with no SSL requirement?

What I desire is to be able to obtain the benefit of caching objects
locally while transferring them over the internet via SSL. So the
CONNECT method would occur between the top level and the origin server
only while allowing the objects to be cached normally within my cache
servers.

Is this possible? If so, would it also be possible to set up an ACL on
the parent servers that indicates which domains should use SSL connections?

-mikep