Re: [squid-users] 2.6-S13 + diskd is freaky bugged

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:33:55 +0200

sön 2007-06-17 klockan 10:28 -0300 skrev Michel Santos:

> reducing rc_shutdown time in order killing the running processes does the
> same harm to squid's cache_dirs

Odd. Should not happen.

> of course but the fs should be recovered by the systems fsck which
> definitly happens in cases after a power or hardware failure, so I mean
> the cash_dirs and their content as well as swap.state are in perfect
> conditions (no file corruption I mean) when squid starts

Not all OS:es guarantee consistent file contents on a sudden
powerfailure. Some may cause garbage from other files to show up at the
end of the file, and this will make Squid very very unhappy.

If should handle situations where swap.state is truncated just fine.

> so that was so on 2.5

Not much if anything has changed in this area since 2.5. At least not
after the 2GB changes in 2.5.STABLE10.

> 2.6 now calculates the % wrong and crashes and never comes back because
> the disk gets full

Should not happen, and have not heard of it happening from anyone else.