Re: [squid-users] Dynamic caching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:13:12 +0200

sön 2007-06-17 klockan 09:30 -0400 skrev Monah Baki:

> Where can I get information about dynamic caching in squid and how to
> enable it

Squid by default caches any cachable content.

> and after a certain period of time go see if the content
> has changed and cache the new content.

Squid automatically goes out and checks freshness when seeing a request
for a stale cached object.

You can tune the details via the refresh_pattern directive.

To learn more about HTTP caching see the

Cacheability check engine
http://www.mnot.net/cacheability/

and

Caching Tutorial for Web Authors and Webmasters
http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/