[squid-users] proxying aol instant messenger

From: Dave <dmehler26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:51:53 -0400

Hello,
    I know there's been a lot of talk onlist lately about proxying im
clients. I read the discussions as generic proxying, i have a specific need
to proxy aol instant messenger connections. The situation is friend of a
friend wants to ensure that the kid isn't on aol either late at night, i.e.
after a certain time, or during periods of homework. I originally thought of
squid because of it's acl support for this, but squid was http and https.
Then i read that aol instant messenger can use an http proxy. This brought
me back to squid, in transparent mode i'd like to pull this off. Has anyone
got this working?
Thanks.
Dave.