Re: [squid-users] Squid and level 4 switch

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:49:22 +0200

On 17.07.07 20:21, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> For load balancing see Linux Virtual Server / IPVS. Part of the linux
> kernel, and performs most of the forwarding choices you find in "layer 4
> switches". http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

we use Nortel Aleton switch with this functionality. However, on this level
it's this it L3 switch I think ;)

It works good, we only have to carte about routing one source IP to the same
server, otherwise some remote servers mail produce errors, if the came
client accesses them using 2 different IP's (whan balansing through two
proxies).

Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.