Re: [squid-users] Detecting and blocking child proxy servers

From: squid inbox <squidinbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:34:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@wlink.com.np> wrote:

> Hmmm. So did you completely defeat your ISP after
> using your stealth
> proxy server?

Easily defeated the XFF and Via headers issue with my
proxy server. So my client computers were able to
connect with no blocking.

However, the other detection techniques are not easy
to be defeated. It still annoys me.

One of the techniques that my ISP uses is that when a
program is downloading with full throttle, and when i
open a page, his server will not split the speed for
the requests, instead it either ignores it or replies
after a large amount of time.

I can overcome this situation by limiting the speed of
download manually. and then open a page. I think that
i need to have some program that can do this
automatically.