[squid-users] Cache authenticated content?

From: Tom Dunstan <tomdcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 10:04:21 +0100

Hi All

I've been unable to find an answer to this from Google or searching
the web archives of the list, but perhaps someone here can help.

Our project ingests feed data from upstream providers, and we're
trying to use squid to cache that data for our various development
systems, so as not to frag the feed providers with requests. Squid
however seems rather reluctant to cache the content (X-Cache: MISS
constantly). We presume that this is because the providers require
basic authentication. There are no other cache/expiry related headers
on the content.

Does our diagnosis about authentication sound correct? If so, is there
any way to configure squid to cache the authenticated content?

Thanks in advance

Tom