RE: [squid-users] FW: Allowing streaming media through NTLM Authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:38:56 +0200

On tis, 2007-08-07 at 00:54 -0300, Mauricio Silveira wrote:

> The former uses http as protocol, so it will ask for user/password, the
> latter uses mms as protocol, so it won't ask for user/password.
>
> As far as my small brain knows... that's mms that should be giving
> headaches, not the http one!

the mms isn't even using the proxy.

The problem with NTLM authentication is not the streaming media or the
proxy, but the playback application or plugin. These software quite
often do not support NTLM proxy authentication only Basic if any proxy
authentication at all.

Also seen quite frequently with different Java Virtual Machine versions.