Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:00:41 +0200

On tor, 2007-08-09 at 10:39 -0300, Michel Santos wrote:

> hmm, what can I say else then asking you for suggestions. Just thinking,
> you say you d not have it on your linux box but me and others are having
> it on freebsd so where we go hounting it?

Start with trying to find a as simple possible test case, not requiring
a live populated cache..

Quite likely the swap.state from a unclean shutdown triggering the
problem is suffifient.

May also be dependent on the number of cache_dir you have, or other
configuration details (esp cache_swap_state directive), but not sure.

> In your other reply you say unlikely a fs problem. What else can it be?

It does smell like there may be a Squid bug lurking here. But without
being able to reproduce it or it sticking out when reading the source
hunting it down is a bit problematic..