Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:25:35 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> On tor, 2007-08-09 at 10:39 -0300, Michel Santos wrote:
>
>> hmm, what can I say else then asking you for suggestions. Just thinking,
>> you say you d not have it on your linux box but me and others are having
>> it on freebsd so where we go hounting it?
>
> Start with trying to find a as simple possible test case, not requiring
> a live populated cache..
>
> Quite likely the swap.state from a unclean shutdown triggering the
> problem is suffifient.

ok the first is easy, the latter you mean what, you want the file?

> May also be dependent on the number of cache_dir you have, or other
> configuration details (esp cache_swap_state directive), but not sure.

good, normally I use 64 64 (up to 15G) or if the cache_dirs are bigger I
use 64 128 (up to 40G) or even 128 128 for larger ones

>> In your other reply you say unlikely a fs problem. What else can it be?
>
> It does smell like there may be a Squid bug lurking here. But without
> being able to reproduce it or it sticking out when reading the source
> hunting it down is a bit problematic..

ok so whatever you need I will try to help

thank's
Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.