Re: [squid-users] Opinions sought on best storage type for FreeBSD

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:35:03 +1000

FreeBSD and aufs was discussed a while back, IIRC, and the upshot was
that for FreeBSD 6, it's useful (threads on 4 is a no-no). The
lingering doubt in my mind was this bug: <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/
query-pr.cgi?pr=103127>, which appears to have been patched in 6.1-
RELEASE-p5.

So, in a nutshell, can it be safely said that aufs is stable and
reasonably performant on FreeBSD >= 6.2, as long as the described
thread configuration is performed?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com