Re: [squid-users] IE6 ignoring cache-control due to HTTP/1.0 header?

From: ToddWilliams <twilliams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

More info about that "subsequent request" -- it is a history.back()
javascript call.
But as I said, that fails when we use squid (goes into an infinite loop),
but works fine when we use a different proxy (such as Apache mod_proxy or
CCproxy) which sends HTTP/1.1 headers.

Trying IE7 isn't an option for us right now, so we're discussing internally
whether we can fix this with code or if we need to switch to a different
proxy. It looks like IE6 is misbehaving here, but there doesn't seem to be
a way to fix it.