Re: [squid-users] IE6 ignoring cache-control due to HTTP/1.0 header?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:43:07 +0200

On ons, 2007-08-29 at 11:19 -0700, ToddWilliams wrote:
> More info about that "subsequent request" -- it is a history.back()
> javascript call.

Heh.. history navigation is a bit special in many browsers.. and
rightfully so as users want to really go back when using back, not have
the request resubmitted to the server. Any code relying on either
behaviour when using back will have a hard time as there is no
guarantees for either result..

> But as I said, that fails when we use squid (goes into an infinite loop),
> but works fine when we use a different proxy (such as Apache mod_proxy or
> CCproxy) which sends HTTP/1.1 headers.

It's not at all impossible IE behaves differently when seeing HTTP/1.0.
But it should not..