[squid-users] squid -k rotate does nothing

From: Wet Mogwai <rob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:30:16 -0700 (PDT)

My squid machine stopped rotating logs recently. The last time rotate worked
was the day before I copied the access.log to my laptop for the first time.
The only changes made to the configuration that day were the good.hosts ,
bad.hosts, good.ip, and bad.ip files. After making the new files for the
ACLs, I ran squid -k reload.

I tried setting the logfile_rotate option in squid.conf in case it was
ignoring the default. I have checked ownership and permissions. Everything
seems right. It is still writing to the log, so it is getting to be quite
large. I could write my own rotate script, but I'd rather get the existing
function working.

This has been working properly for at least a year and a half. What could
have caused squid to quit rotating?

I am running Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE14 on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p8
(SQUID_KERNEL). Logrotate is in the ports tree, but it is not installed.