Re: [squid-users] Block all Web Proxies with squid.

From: <dhottinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:33:44 -0400

Quoting Roger Morris <morris_r@4j.lane.edu>:

> eXtremer wrote:
>> Is it possible to block all Web proxies with squid ?
>> cose users can access bad sites and I can't do nothing !
>> I banned with url_regex for example the word "proxy"
>> and now users cannot access for examply this site:
>> http://www.proxytoplist.com/
>> but they can enter other web proxies like:
>> http://www.unblockmyspace.com/
>> or
>> http://anonymouse.org/
>>
>> And I can't find and block with url_regex all web proxies is not possible
>> maybe there is another way ?
>> waiting for a reply
>> 10x in advance
> good luck.
> all it takes is to install a cgi script on a web site and you have
> yourself a proxy bypass.
> there was one proxy bypass called 'allaboutabe.com'. If you went there
> and clicked on the photo of Abe on the left, you went to a proxy bypass.
> I don't think there will be a single regex that can block all.

Its almost impossible to block these sites with squid. Ive been
blocking at my firewall. There is a blacklist that was going around
that listed all 'known' proxifier sites. Biggest problem is the sites
are up and down all the time. Also, many of these sites use https:
which (in my configuration) doesnt go through squid, so it bypasses my
proxy server completely. Ive been playing around with having my proxy
and firewall on same box, but havent thought that all the way through
yet.

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger