Re: [squid-users] Squid exited due to signal 11

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:12:22 +0545

Hi Tahmeed,

Tahmeed wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am using RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 with
> Squid 2.5STABLE12.
>
> Every now and then a log is generated in the
> /var/log/messages file stating that
>
> Squid Parent: Child process exited due to signal 11
>
> Now that signal 11 means memory problem I am a bit
> confused about what to do. I did find a similar post
> but it was not clear to me. So here i am posting
> again.
>
> After the process is killed it is autometically
> restarted sometime afterwards.
>
> Any suggestions are most welcomed.

What's your hardware configuration? What is the output of "squid -v"?

Can you post the relevant parts of your squid.conf?

You might want to check out the following post by Henrik even though
it's way back in 2002!

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200206/0116.html

Reading the post above, your problem could also be related to hardware.
You should probably run some kind of memory tests!

I think that the best suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest
stable version of Squid which is currently squid-2.6.STABLE16.

You will definitely see significant improvements and benefits.

Check out the URL below to get the latest version of Squid-2.6.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/squid-2.6.STABLE16.tar.gz

Hope it helps.

Thanking you...

> Thanks in Advance
>

> Tahmeed

> Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,
Tek Bahadur Limbu
System Administrator