RE: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 ICAP response codes.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:29:38 +0200

On mån, 2007-09-17 at 16:03 +0530, Shailesh Mishra wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> For a AV scenario where any anti-virus solution scans a repairable
> file and repairs it , the file is not returned to the client as the
> ICAP response for this case is 201 which is not understood by squid.
> Whereas it works fine if AV solution is configured for not repairing
> the file but just to scan it.

What you describe above is not proper use of 201 from what I can tell.
But as I said there is no clear mapping of 201 to ICAP, and the ICAP
specifications do not mention how 201 is supposed to be used in ICAP (or
the other 2xx responses other than 200 and 204). The HTTP status codes
is inherited from HTTP/1.1, and using 201 in this manner do not match
the HTTP specifications that well..

But on the other hand the ICAP specifications do in a sense say that all
2xx responses is to be handled equal.