Re: [squid-users] Caching Expired Objects

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:26:39 +0200

On tis, 2007-09-18 at 02:55 -0700, Solomon Asare wrote:

> This is the exact problem I have that I am trying to
> resolve, not querry string issues. If only I can
> overide the lack of Last-Modified, Etag and not
> meeting minimum_expiry_time conditions.

There would be no use doing so. All you would get is more disk I/O as
Squid would be unable to reuse the cached copy on the next request.

Without a cache validator you MUST assign freshness to the object for it
to be of any use.

Think of it, what do you want Squid to do with the expired object if it
can not check if the object has changed (validator required), and you do
not allow it to consider the object as fresh?