Re: [squid-users] LVS & Reverse Proxy Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:42:15 +0200

On ons, 2007-09-19 at 13:56 +0800, Ding Deng wrote:

> I have to admit that I am in a setup that LVS routes traffic to Squid
> boxes through private network, and Squid response directly to clients
> ;-(

That's fine. LVS DR forwarding method is a lot more efficient and less
stressful to the LVS router, allowing you to scale much much better.

Just requires a slightly more complicated setup as you shown, with both
a private and the public IP on each server, but only slightly as long as
there is no router hops between LVS and the servers.

If there is router hops between then LVS TUN or LVS NAT must be used,
and I would recommend LVS NAT in such setups as using TUN has a number
of other drawbacks..