Re: [squid-users] Simple authentication on a home-based (ie no domain controller) WinXP box

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:46:13 +0200

On tis, 2007-09-18 at 22:34 -0700, Jeffery Chow wrote:
> Ideally I would store a username/password pair in a text file
> somewhere on my system (plaintext or not, doesn't matter), but the
> authentication helpers that I see in my distro (mswin_auth,
> mswin_negotiate_auth, mswin_ntlm_auth) don't come with enough
> documentation to tell me which one is the right one to try.

Neither, from your description you want ncsa_auth. It should be included
as well I hope, if not lets ask Guido to include it.

The mswin_* helpers is for authenticating to the Windows user services.
Which may be the local accounts on your XP if you like.. The three
mswin_* helpers is one per authentication scheme (see the auth_param
directive).