Re: [squid-users] External auth program.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:18:46 +0200

On ons, 2007-09-19 at 14:27 -0600, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

> I have written a proof of principal perl program that initially
> prompts the user to create three questions that he will know the
> answer to. From that point on, it will ask one of the questions
> so that he can prove who he is, and will ask him to create a new
> question and answer for his account. Answers have to be unique
> over the student body. (Once one person has used "green" as an
> answer, no one else can use green.)
>
> Unless the student creates a crib sheet for his friends, loaning
> an account is impractical.
>
> I can't figure out how to tie this into squid. Is it even
> possible, or do I have to tie it into pf instead? (Both squid
> and pf run on Openbsd.) Pointers appreciated.

To integrate a solution like this with Squid you need to have some web
page doing the question thing and registering the client station as
"trusted" in a file or DB, then use and external acl to have Squid query
this registry and deny_info to redirect the user to the "question page"
if no active session is found.

Note: max_user_ip restricting the user to a single IP at a time is
probably about just as effective. Especially with a long TTL.